For the 5th year in a row, Sixt Scholars will be awarding 5 deserving students $5,000 towards their study at any 2 or 4-year course at an accredited university.
The 2018 Sixt Scholars application process began on September 1st. To learn more about our scholarship, please check out:
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards is the signature project of Soroptimist International of the Americas. Soroptimist International of Wichita is one of nearly 1,300 clubs that make up Soroptimist International of the Americas, a volunteer organization for women committed to improving the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
- The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards are cash awards given to motivated women who are the primary financial supporters of their families. The recipients of the awards seek to improve their lives by gaining additional skills, training or education, but do not have the resources to do so. These cash awards are meant to offset any costs associated with the recipient’s efforts to attain higher education, including tuition, books, supplies, child care or transportation costs.
- Soroptimist International of Wichita has been able to award in excess of $1,000 to several recipients each year. The recipients then also have the chance to receive additional awards at District and Region levels of Soroptimist.
- The most challenging aspect of this program is getting applications into the hands of eligible women. If you are a female who strives to attain higher education in the hopes of better supporting yourself and your family, please apply for this scholarship. You can also find the Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award on Facebook.
- See http://bit.ly/LYDA-applyfor the online application process. This link provides all of the eligibility requirements and step by step instructions to complete the application.
In 1970, Airbus was established as a European consortium of French, German and later, U.K. and Spanish companies. Airbus became a single integrated company in 2001 and in June 2002, Airbus North American Engineering opened its first engineering and design facility in the United States in Wichita. WSU Tech is proud of the graduates of our programs who are now employed by Airbus and with help from the company want to expand this opportunity to more students. As a way of maintaining highly skilled local talent, the company established the Airbus Americas Design Scholarship. Airbus hopes that this scholarship will permit students to allocate more time to studying and less to work, enabling them to participate in research projects and other constructive extracurricular activities.
- Be enrolled full time at WSU Tech.
- Be enrolled in Mechanical Engineering Design Program.
- Prefer a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with WSU Tech
- Complete application form
- Print an unofficial transcript of entire academic record
- Print a class schedule for the application term
- Submit all three documents to the Foundation Office
Deadline: Must be received in Foundation Office by 5:00 on July 1
- Career & Technical Scholarship
Career & Technical Scholarship Program awards scholarships to students who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient and can be used for tuition, fees, books, and supplies. This application will close on June 15th, 2018. Apply on https://scholars.horatioalger.org/scholarships/about-our-scholarship-programs/technical/.Eligibility for this scholarship include; you must have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential), be enrolled for Fall 2018, show a strong commitment to completing a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States, must have financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA), under the age of 30, and must be a United States citizen.
- Soroptimist Live Your Dream Award
Soroptimist is a women’s organization whose mission is to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. The Live Your Dream award assists women who provide the primary source of financial support for their families by giving them resources they need to improve their education. This scholarship is for the 2016-2017 academic year. Learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply. Along with the application, the applicant must submit two reference forms found on the website. Applications may be submitted online through the Soroptimist website between July 1 and November 15 of each year.
- Women’s Independence Scholarship Program (WISP)
The purpose of the Women’s Independence Scholarship Program is to help survivors of intimate partner abuse obtain an education that will secure employment, personal independence and self-sufficiency. This is available for part time and full time students. The application is completely online. There is no deadline, however it is recommended to submit application 2 months before the start date of the program. Scholarship amount ranges from $250-$2,000 per school term. Applicant must identify a nonprofit, domestic violence victim services provider willing to sponsor her for this program. Must have worked with the sponsor for at least 6 months. Learn more about eligibility requirements and how to apply.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
The scholarships from this foundation are for children of Marine and Navy Corpsmen who are pursuing a postsecondary education at any accredited school – whether that be a technical school, community college, or four-year university. For specific questions, contact Steven Peterson, Chief Operating Officer & Director of Scholarships Programs at 571-384-2790 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mike Rowe ‘WORKS’ Work Ethics Scholarship
Calling all plumbers, carpenters, electricians, welders, auto-technicians, and anyone getting trained for skilled jobs that are in demand! For the fifth year in a row, the Work Ethic Scholarship Program will give away a free pile of money to those who demonstrate strong work ethic and a thirst for skilled training. The program launches on Monday, April 2, 2018, and the deadline to submit applications is Monday, June 4, 2018. Apply at the following link: http://profoundlydisconnected.com/scholarship/
- Nontraditional Occupations Scholarship Application
Awarded through the Kansas Board of Regents to gender non-traditional students (e.g., men in nursing, women in welding, etc.). Four $1000 scholarships are available – 2 will be awarded to high school seniors entering post-secondary non-traditional programs in the fall and 2 will be awarded to post-secondary students who will enter or continue their enrollment in the fall semester.
- Trade School Future-The Future Mechanic Grant
Trade School Future is an organization dedicated to helping future mechanics reach their full potential. Our country needs skilled automotive workers and we want to help. Each year, we’ll be awarding grants of various amounts to students who plan on attending a trade or vocational school with the aim of becoming a mechanic. The Future Mechanic Grant for 2019 is a one-time financial gift of $1,000. To apply click on the following link:https://www.tradeschoolgrants.com/scholarships/future-mechanic-grant/
- Wichita Manufacturer’s Association Scholarship Application
The Wichita Manufacturers Association (WMA) has established a scholarship program to support and advance the growth of manufacturing in Kansas. Under this program, qualified full and part-time students attending any university, community college or technical college in the state of Kansas are eligible for scholarship awards. Application information is available from the WMA online at www.wichitamanufacturers.org
This is a Kansas specific scholarship website that offers different scholarships with varying deadlines.http://www.kansasregents.org/students/student_financial_aid/scholarships_and_grants