Trouble logging in?
Here are some things to check:
- Are you typing your Password correctly? Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Is your Caps Lock on?
- Are you confusing the letter “O” with the number “0”?
- Are you confusing the letter “l” with the number “1”?
First time user?
Here are some things to know:
- Your User ID & Password is the same for all WSU Tech systems (Network, WebMail, Blackboard, MyWSU Tech).
- Your User ID should be your first initial and your last name. e.g. John Smith = jsmith (not case sensitive). Exceptions are if you have the same first initial & last name as a previously enrolled student. In this case your user ID would have a number appended to it (i.e. a 1, 2, etc.). For example if a John Smith enrolled, and WSU Tech already had one jsmith, your user ID would be jsmith1.
- NOTE:Before you can log into Blackboard, WebMail or MyWSU Tech for the first time you must change your default password: It can be changed by:
- Logging into a PC on a WSU Tech campus
- Click on the “Forgot Password? Click here” link located on the myWSU Tech login page
- Or use the following link: https://reset.wsutech.edu
If you had successfully logged in previously, but are now having problems, it may be that your password has expired (WSU Tech passwords expire and must be changed every 90 days). In order to change your password you must reset your password using our self service password reset system by using the following link: https://reset.wsutech.edu
Need to change your password?
Password rules are as follows:
- Must be a minimum of 8 characters in length.
- Must contain a minimum of 1 lower case letter.
- Must contain a minimum of 1 upper case letter.
- Must contain a minimum of 1 numeral (number).
- Must contain a special character (e.g. !, $, #, %) Don’t use @ or &
- Cannot contain your name, the word “password”, or the word “WSU Tech”.
- Cannot be a repeat of the last 5 passwords used.
WSU Tech Student IT Help Desk hours
|Monday – Thursday
||8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Student IT Help Desk is not available when the college is closed.
Contact the WSU Tech Student IT Help Desk
Primary contact method is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The secondary contact method (if no access to email) is to call 316-677-9906. The email address should be the primary method of contact. The use of the phone number should be reserved only for these times when a student cannot logon to send an email. Trouble calls via email can be submitted 24/7 but will only be answered during posted times. Any phone calls received outside posted hours will go to voicemail and will be returned during the next listed time period.
Make a suggestion to IT
The IT Department values your suggestions and comments so that we may provide the best IT Services our resources allow. Please leave a suggestion or comment for us by clicking on this link.
Microsoft Windows Device Policy
To ensure WSU Tech students have the opportunity to fully participate in the digital educational arena, WSU Tech students are required to have a Windows 8.1 or newer mobile digital device for the classes listed in Policy 5-29.
Acceptable use policy
The purpose of this policy is to set forth guidance and policy with regard to acceptable use standards for College computing and information technology resources. Network Services Acceptable Use Policy for Students, Faculty, Staff and Visitors.
Get your WSU Tech email on your phone or tablet
The easiest way to get WSU Tech email is on an iPhone/iPad or Android smartphone/tablet.
To do this, open the email application on your device. You will then need to add a new “Exchange” account.
Devices may vary but usually you may do this by going to “Options” then “Add Account”.
Then follow these steps:
1. For Email enter your WSU Tech email address
2. Enter outlook.com or outlook.office365.com for Server
3. Leave Domain blank or optional
4. Enter your WSU Tech email address again for Username
5. Enter your Password
6. Turn SSL ON or if on Android go ahead and enable “Use secure connection” and “Accept SSL certificates.
7. Click Done or Next and verify your account by checking to see if your email is now synchronized.