Why WSU Tech?
Everyone here is DRIVEN by our mission of creating opportunities for a better life to our students and to provide the best trained workforce for employers.
To accomplish that, we take care of our employees too! We offer benefits and perks that are second to none. Meaningful jobs, amazing Rock Star employees, awesome benefits, what more could you ask for?
Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- Paid holidays – 15 to 18 paid holidays each year! This includes the entire week of Thanksgiving and at least a week off at Christmas!
- PTO (Paid time off) – Employees earn 18 – 28 days of PTO annually (in addition to paid holidays!) based on length of service.
- Generous insurance plans & other benefits:
- Medical (Multiple Options)
- Dental (Multiple Options)
- Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment – 100% paid for by WSU Tech
- Voluntary Life & Accident Insurance
- Short-term Disability – 100% paid for by WSU Tech
- Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS) – includes insurance coverage for Long-Term disability.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with generous WSU Tech Contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical & dependent care)
- Jury Duty Pay – WSU Tech pays for up to 10 day to perform civic duties.
Additional Benefits & Perks available to ALL employees (Fulltime & Part-time):
- Tuition Waiver Program – Tuition and Student Fees are waived for credit courses taken at WSU Tech. Available to employees and immediate family members (spouse and dependent children).
- 457(b) Retirement Plan – includes a Roth IRA option
- Shocker Store discounts – employees receive discounts on food & merchandise, including logo wear.
- Community Service – WSU Tech is committed to allowing employees to perform community service. At least once per year, one day is dedicated for this purpose and employees are paid to volunteer at a United Way agency.
- K-12 Student Success Program – Another paid volunteer opportunity! WSU Tech pays up to 8 hours of Volunteer Service Leave for employees to participate in activities related to children’s academic success in grades K-12.
- Wellness Program – Annual Health Fair, lunch & learns, informational webinars, online wellness information, and fun activities & challenges throughout the year.
- Employee Activities – Fun stuff is always happening at WSU Tech! Volunteers on our Employee Activities Committee (EAC) plan fun monthly events to keep employees smiling and connected.
- Extended Illness Bank – Co-workers care about you! Employees have generously donated sick/PTO hours to a bank for employees in need due to serious extended illness.
- Professional Development – WSU Tech supports professional development through annual in-service training as well as assisting with fees for professional memberships and dues, if required for your position.
- Employee Assistance Program – WSU Tech pays for professional, confidential counseling for work, personal or family issues.
- On–site Chair Massages – Scheduled monthly by appointment.
- On–site Dry Cleaning drop off/pick-up – Weekly service provided by In the Bag Cleaners.
- YMCA discounted memberships – Joiner fee is waived for new employees along with a 10% discount on monthly memberships.
- Team of the Year Awards – We recognize & reward great teams! Annual competition with bonuses available.
- Learning Quest/529 Educational Savings Plan – Save for college expenses.
- AAA Group Membership – AAA offers WSU Tech employees discounted memberships and waives the $20 enrollment fee.
- Microsoft Home Use Program – Employees can purchase Microsoft Office Professional 2016 for home use for only $9.95. This is a savings of $390.04!
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Includes Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for creating/Editing PDF’s. Employees can utilize their WSU Tech license at work and home.
- Jean’s Fridays – Donate to the WSU Tech Foundation (offering scholarships & loans to students) to wear jeans every Friday.