Shocker Pathway FAQs

Shocker Pathway FAQs 2018-03-01T10:27:32+00:00

Click each question below to see the corresponding answer.

What is the Shocker Pathway?

What is an Associate of Arts (AA) degree?
What is the difference between an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) and an Associate of Art (AA) degree?

From which school will I earn my degree?

Which school's tuition rate will I be charged?

Where will I take my classes?

Do I have to apply to both WSU Tech and WSU?

Is there a cost to apply?

What are the admission requirements?

Will I have an advisor at both schools?

What if I have college credits from another institution?

Can I use financial aid?

How do I get started?


For more information about how to get started, contact:

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. Visit for more information.

Important Dates
January 19 Spring classes begin
March 22 Second eight week classes begin
June 6
Summer classes begin
July 5
Second four week classes begin


Request Info
Get Started


WSU Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.

The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500 • Chicago, IL 60604 • 800.621.7440

Students interested in select programs are eligible to apply for federal financial aid.

Program Integrity – Gainful Employment

In accordance with 34 CFR 668.6(b), that requires institutions to disclose certain information about the programs to prospective students, please see: Gainful Employment.

Wichita Area Technical College is now WSU Tech
Learn More
WSU Tech
4004 N Webb Rd
Wichita, Kansas, 67226
Phone: 316-677-9400