Transfer and Articulation Agreements

WSU Tech has established Articulation and Transfer of Credit agreements with several colleges.

  • Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Aviation Maintenance)
  • Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Professional Aeronautics)
  • Fort Hays State University – Transfer and Articulation Agreement
  • K-State Salina
  • Newman University
  • Southwestern College
  • University of Phoenix
  • Wichita State University

Transfer of Credits to WSU Tech

Coursework from an accredited institution and/or documented work experience or military training that fulfills course requirements for an AAS degree or technical certificate program may be considered for transfer credit. Credits earned prior to this time are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Approved transfer credits are not included in the student’s WSU Tech career GPA, but the credit hours are applied to the program award requirements. Some WSU Tech programs have transferable credit to other programs. Credit hours earned at WSU Tech and transferred from one program to another are evaluated following the same guidelines and review process, and the credit is included in students’ GPA. WSU Tech requires official transcripts, employment information and military records from each institution from which a student wants to transfer credit. Students are responsible for ensuring that transcripts or documents have been sent and are on file with the registrar. The registrar and/or appropriate department chair reviews and evaluates transfer of credit requests and informs students in writing as to the acceptability of the coursework or experience toward an AAS degree or technical certificate. Transfer credits must have been earned at an accredited institution. Equivalent coursework for which students have earned a letter grade of C or better is considered for transfer.


Additional transfer guides are in process with other institutions and will be added once they are finalized. WSU Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. WSU Tech general education courses are accepted for transfer at most colleges and universities. Technical courses may be accepted by institutions with comparable courses or may otherwise be accepted as General Elective credit.

Kansas Board of Regents logo